Saturday, July 19, 2008

Back from our SEMO Vaca!




So we thought it'd be fun to take a little local vacation in Southeast MO earlier this month. For the most part, it's a beautiful part of the state. Many, many wineries along the scenic "Route de Vin" in the St. Genevieve area, plus lots of natural, beautiful sites to see such as Elephant Rock State Park, Taumsauk Mountain and Johnson Shut-Ins State Park.

I know, I know........You thought a "shut-in" was someone who was ill or too decrepit to leave their home. Well it has another definition as well, which means that large volcanic rock formations were shaped over BILLIONS of years from the water and has more or less created a "natural water park" right here in Missouri! Anyway, Leo thought it was nice, but I think was expecting more gushing waterfalls and cliff divers due to my excitement when I described it prior to the trip. However, it's worth a drive if you're looking for a quiet getaway, and only about 5.5 hours from KC! Just remember to bring your aqua socks, those rocks are slippery!
Overall, it was a relaxing, enjoyable time. However, we think our next trip will be someplace where there are far fewer confederate flags...... :)

P.S. Had to add a picture of our "progress" along with the photo of the rolling MO hills at Chaumette Winery in St. Genevieve! Although the preggo pic is a few weeks old.....I'm now in my 23rd week!

3 comments:

Keely B said...

Yeah!!! I love all the pics of your cute, growing belly...can't wait to see more.

Ian's Mom said...

Hello blogging friend.
:)

Jill said...

Hope you are feeling great! You sure are LOOKING great!