Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My how times have changed!






So it's been almost 8 weeks since my last posting, but let's just say we've been a little busy! Allegra Shaw Dickson joined us on 11/30/08 at 11:30pm weighing in at 6 lb 9 oz. After a full day and evening of labor and 1.5 hours of pushing, she came out crying, very alert and ready to eat! We came home from the hospital on 12/2 and spent many hours just staring at her while she slept. My b-day on 12/4 was quiet but special, and the holidays were spent in Marshall w/ extended family. We went to dinner to celebrate New Year's Eve while Papa and Nana Dickson stayed w/ Allegra, then we all stayed up to ring in the New Year with champagne. The last couple of weeks have been relatively uneventful, just still getting to know one another and trying to determine some semblance of a "normal" life as a family of 3! I go back to work on 2/2, so my special time w/ her is limited which makes me sad, but I'm confident we'll all get thru the transition! As I type, Allegra and I are watching the inauguration, what an incredible time to be alive!

No comments: